Lifespan Fitness RW1000 Exercise Rowing Machine [ Awesome Review]
The Lifespan Fitness RW1000 ExcerciseRowing Machine is an award-winning rowing machine. It is a solid option for those who want to purchase a mid-range rower to get a great workout. Without costing an arm and a leg. This rower is manufactured by fitness specialists LifeSpan. They have created a comfortable, quiet machine. Perfect for those who are wanting to drop weight. The exercise will help individuals who want to use exercise as a way to stay healthy, manage medical conditions, or those who want to stay fit.
Features and Specifications
This rower is a regular fixed head type of machine, which means that the seat slides along rails. It is well-built, reliable, and simple to put together. It’s supplied with the tools needed and can be completed within 20 minutes.
The exercise data is handled by the LCD console located below the rowing handle of the machine. It is powered by a single AA battery.
The tracker records and displays the following metrics in three incorporated mini LCD minutes:
1) Distance 2) Strokes per minuted 3) stroke count 4) time.
You will be able to see the information in the large readable form. The data is in real-time. Unfortunately, there is no way to recall or save any workout information.
Once you start to row, the performance monitoring activates. However, this function will go into sleep mode when you stop rowing after 4 minutes.
The flywheel on this exercise rowing machine is ultra-quiet and ultra-smooth while in use. This feature is mainly due to the eddy current drive system.
The belt tension will remain constant without slack, even during intense sessions.
The resistance levels can be adjusted within five steps. You will change settings by turning a knob that is below the performance LCD monitor. Unfortunately, the levels can only be changed when the rower is not in use.
Whenever you have finished rowing, you can fold the RW1000 for easy storage without using any tools.
You can easily fold the machine by removing the seat rail locking pin. Then, you fold the seat over and then place the locking pin for secure storage. Once the back support is folded, the rower can be moved into your storage area on the transport wheels.
The rower is a bit large when it’s assembled, which is normal for a quality machine, but you will also notice that it folds away quite well.
- Comfortable injected foam seat that is large and height-adjustable from 11 into 14.5 in, and slides on a steel rail that is 53 in long.
- Resistance system is supported by a 16.5 lb flywheel. The flywheel has an electromagnetic resistance which is provided by the eddy current brake.
- Large swivel footplates that have Velcro foot straps to help support natural leg movements. This allows for easy movements of the foot joints.
- Secure padded hand grips.
- 1-year warranty on labor, 2- year warranty on the parts, and a 5-year warranty on the frame.
Machine Weight: 55lbs
Width: 19 in
Length: 87 in
Max. Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Storage: Folds to 34(L) x 19(W) x 64(H) in
- Reliable, Stable, and Sturdy steel frame.
- Five easily-adjusted resistance levels.
- Extremely comfortable and quiet rower to use.
- Smooth, low-impact rowing motion that is kind to joints.
- Excellent, easy, and quick storage with transport wheels.
- Generous Warranty.
- Easily assembled and adapted for tall/short users.
- Loaded with functions to make it a great exercise rowing machine
- We confirmed some issues with poor security of foot rest heel support.
- Performance monitor has basic functionality and when in use can be hard to read.
- Machine performance levels are unsuitable for more intense trainer seeking bigger challenges.
- The calorie counter is disappointing as data sensor doesn’t track and incorporate resistance changes.
This is a well-built rower that is reassuringly easily assembled and used. It has a great rowing motion, is very comfortable, and ultra-quiet while in use, even when it is used for long periods of time. The Fitness RW1000 is suitable for light to moderate types of health, exercise, weight loss, fitness training and is a good performer. Do not expect something that is top of the line such as the Model D by Concept2. You will not find any professional rowers using this particular machine, but you will find plenty of at home users.
Please don’t ignore that we have many other detail reviews of the different top exercise rowing machines available: Sunny Health Systems, Stamina Air Rower, the top water rower, and The Best Concept 2 and if you think Magnetic rowing is for you, here is the Stamina Rowing Magnetic Review
Great midrange rower for both the casual user and fitness enthusiast.