Stamina Air Rower Review
The Air Rower by Stamina (Chrome, Black) will allow users to have a low impact, total body workout with only a fraction of the average cost (yet, it provides all the physical benefits) of the more expensive rowers.
The Air Rower has the feel and look of a high-end machine without the over the top cost.
The rower works with the principle of wind resistance. The hard that someone works, the more resistance that they will feel. The rowing motion will give an extensive workout, as it works all your major muscle groups, including the abs, back, arms, buttocks, and legs. The workout is great for users who are new to rowing, and for those who are wanting to shed the pounds, or just to keep in shape. As the resistance is based on the pace that the person sets it for, many people find that an easier pace is better for warming up. As they are warming up, the pace increases which is followed by a higher resistance, which results in a harder workout that a person can actually feel. After a cool down period where the person slows the pace down, the session is complete. The total body workout, has great cardio benefits, is completely achieved on a single machine. Easy to use, yet physically beneficial and invigorating.
Features and Specifications
This machine is built on a solid steel frame, and is designed for complete comfort for the duration of a workout. The over-sized seat slides as well as being upholstered and padded. The had grips are textures, which eases the rowing process. The large footplates can virtually accommodate any foot size. The foot and rowing straps are made of nylon, which allows full functionality and comfort.
This particular rower weighs 55 lbs and is foldable which means that it is great to be stored away when it isn’t in use.
Assembled dimensions: 77” x 18.8” x 22” (L x W x H)
Folded dimensions: 48” x 18.8” x 28” (L x W x H)
Although assembly is required, many reviewers have stated that the assembly process is quick and easy as well as having clear instructions. All the tools that are need to assemble this rower are included.
A monitor will provide the distance, calories burned, and speed on an easy to read lit, over-sized monitor.
- The Storage: Since this model folds up to a great compact size and be put under the bed, or leaned in a corner, or simply placed in a closet. The wheels provide an easier way to move it from place to place.
- The smooth rowing motion is highly rated in reviews, as well as being very popular.
- Rowing is a great way to work out your various key muscle groups, and this rower, with the comfort of the hand grips and seating, the smooth track, will make your workout seem like a great, positive cardio experience and less like the humdrum daily chore.
- This model comes with a 3 year warranty on the frame and a 90 day warranty on its parts.
- Many reviews from people who are 5′ to 6’5” have stated that the machine is comfortable for them to use, so body size in the terms of height seems to be great.
- As stated before all the tools are included for assembly. It is easy to assemble and there is free shipping.
- Many people state that the reason for the negative feedback is the fact that they aren’t able to adjust the resistance levels. Many users would like to have the ability to change the resistance levels in order to change their workout routine. That isn’t an option for this machine.
- Many users have stated that there is a noise. The level of it, especially at a fast pace has been stated that it sounds a lot like a revved up jet engine.
- The monitor happens to be very basic, there is nothing special exactly it. If someone is looking for a machine that has a interactive experience such as rowing down the Nile and the Thames a minute later for example, this is not the machine for them. ( Although, this could be debatable why it is listed as a bad thing.)
- There is a weight limit of 250 lb.
Basically, if someone is looking for a well built rower that has been praised for the smooth motion, and the full body workout, not to mention the great price, then this is the rower for them. The good of this rower definitely outweighs the bad. Don’t like the noise, simply turn your music up. Change up your workout to help compensate for the missing resistance options. Watch the travel channel or use your imagination if you want to feel like you are actually rowing on some exotic river. For an amazing workout, at a decent price, this is a great buy.
Basic in terms of features but well made and comes at a very reasonable price.